Sunday, January 26, 2014

Baked Brie

Last night, to get my boyfriend to take a break from editing, I decided that I was going to make some delicious baked Brie.  My parents bought me this cherries jubilee Brie topper to try out because they know baked Brie is my favorite thing ever.  So here's what I did!


I bought basic crescent rolls and placed them like this, so that when I was ready to wrap up the Brie, all sides would be covered. I still had to pinch some of the dough together before putting it in the oven, but that happens. 


Using this jelly, I spread down a sticky surface for the cherries jubilee packet (which I forgot to take a picture of).  It was mainly vanilla sugar, dried cherries, orange flavor, and cashews. I spread these all over the center and a little into the triangles. 


This is the kind of Brie I used. I cut the paper off so it gets super melty inside, but you don't have to do that. I sometimes don't!


The oven was preheated to 350, and I'm sending this little guy off for about 24 minutes. Usually it's approximately 30, but my stupid oven runs too hot sometimes. 


While that was cooking, I put some French baguette slices in the panini press for five minutes to crisp them up...


And I sliced some apples! 


Straight out of the oven, let it cool for a bit. Hot cheese IS lava. Delicious, mouth incinerating lava. 


I'm not usually one for presentation, but baked Brie is kind of classy,  right? Sure. I was too busy stuffing my face with this to take a picture of the inside, but I assure you, everything was glorious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment