Friday, January 24, 2014

What do you do with only 1/2 pound of beef?

I have two pounds of beef I just put in the fridge to thaw out for dinner (or for tomorrow's dinner, depending on how long it takes). Last night, I used half a pound of beef to make a burger. I woke up today not wanting a burger, but felt that I should use the rest of the beef. I had no idea what to do with it! I looked over the internet and founds lots of ideas, but was too lazy to make any of them, especially since I would've had to go out and get the ingredients. And actually, on that note, it's not that I'm too lazy to go out, it's that IT'S TOO COLD. Yes, this coming from somebody from the north living in the south, but it's 32 degrees and windy. If it weren't for the beautiful blue sky, I'd consider this all-around Pittsburgh weather. Anyway, I decided I had to make due with what items I had.


I hoard mac'n'cheese. 

But before I started doing noodly things, I cooked my beef with a little bit of tomato juice and added half a pack of:


Since I only had half a pound of beef, I only used half of the pack. Once the beef was done and the noodles were drained, I mixed them together back in the pot. 


Beefy, noodly goodness. I could've eaten it without the cheese! But I didn't. The masterpiece was complete when:


So beef. Much noodle. Very cheese. Wow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment